I offer a number of services: Copyediting, line editing, developmental and substantive editing, ghostwriting, indexing, layout, literary coaching, manuscript evaluation, proofreading, research, typesetting, writing, graphic design, and much more!
Having taught literature and composition for a number of years, I helped thousands of students become better writers, and now it’s your turn! I collaborate with clients to help them become the best writers they can be. Together, we’ll achieve your writing goals!
- Beyond Basics: The Guide to Accelerating Board Performance, Indianapolis, IN (2020).
- 2019 Board Engagement Survey, Indianapolis, IN (2020)
- Building and Recruiting a More Diverse Board, Indianapolis, IN (2019)
- Professionalizing the Nonprofit Board, Indianapolis, IN (2019)
- 5 Steps to Onboarding New Board Members, Indianapolis, IN (2019)
- The Complete Guide to the Roles of Nonprofit Board Chair and Executive Director, Indianapolis, IN (2019)
- Editing: Novel, Just the Truth, Gen LaGreca (2019).
- Edited scholarly monograph, Literature of Crisis: Spain’s Engagement with Liquid Capital, by Olga Bezhanova, Bucknell University Press, (2017).
- Edited novel, Agiliste: Gerade Aus, by Douglas Sun, Available on Kindle (2011).
- Edited novel manuscript, The Extractionist, by Kimberly Unger, San Mateo, CA (2009).
- Edited first draft of untitled novella manuscript for Amy Branam Armiento (2009).
- Wrote copy for Dance Instruction brochure, Dekalb County YMCA, Auburn, IN (2007).
- Edited several short stories by Jonathan Roberts, published in a variety of literary magazines, and edited novel manuscript, Plainfield, IN (2001-2009).
- Edited dissertations for graduate students Elan Cohen, Kavita Ajmere, Heather Jo Hendricks, and Liz Brown; and three articles for Karen Schmitt, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN (2000-2002).
- Copywriter and Consultant, 2009-2013, Brush with Science
Responsible for copywriting and proofreading content for posters of artist Julie Newdoll’s series Shakespeare: The Mirror up to Science, as well as content for Newdoll’s website, www.brushwithscience.com/Shakespeare/HamletCommit.html.
- Contract Editor, 2005-2006, Antics Digital Marketing, Belmont, CA
Responsible for copyediting and proofreading content for online marketing agency.
- Editorial Assistant, 2002-2005, Renascence: Essays on Values in Literature, Marquette University Press, Milwaukee, WI
Quarterly scholarly journal. Responsible for copyediting all accepted essays, hitting publication targets, conforming essays to current MLA Style Sheet, layout of copy, maintaining databases, corresponding with authors, reviewing proofs, creating author bios, annual indexing of journal, selecting artwork for publication in collaboration with Haggerty Museum of Art, supervising student assistant, maintaining Renascence website on a limited basis. Single handedly brought journal up to date from being three-quarters of a year behind publication schedule within a year of employment.
- Newsletter Editor, 2004-2005, English News, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
Initiated newsletter for the Association of English Graduate Students. Responsible for gathering story ideas, designing, copy writing, layout, photocopying and distributing of newsletter on a monthly basis.
- General Editor, Quintessence, Vol. 1, 2003; Vol. 2, 2004, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WIResponsible for reviewing and accepting stories, poems, and drama to appear in Quintessence, the anthology of creative writing produced by English Authors, a creative writing group for graduate students at Marquette University. Layout and design: Quintessence, Vol. 1-3, 2003-2005.
Student Media Assistant, Summers 2004-2005, Marquette University, College of Communications, Milwaukee, WI.
Student Media Assistant: Responsible for copyediting, layout, and proofreading of annual online Communications Alumni Newsletter.
Urban Journalism Workshop Counselor, Summers 2004-2005, Marquette University, College of Communications, Milwaukee, WI.
Responsible for teaching grammar and mechanics in workshop environment, reviewing principles of journalistic writing with students, copyediting stories written by student participants, layout of 12-page, 5-column tabloid newspaper written by student participants, preparing paper for press.
- Writing Center Consultant, Spring terms 2000-2002, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN
Responsible for helping students improve their writing skills through one-on-one consultations; trouble-shooting problem areas for students, particularly ESL students; reviewing grammar and mechanics; content editing when appropriate.